WHY SHOP WITH US?
Electric bikes come in many styles and sizes. We aim to provide something for every body – no matter your shape or size or your intended travel plans.
We specialise in folding ebikes for travelling and commuting, step-through and flat bar rides for around town or along the coast and three-wheelers to transport your shopping, your pets or just you.
We want to make it easier for everybody to be assisted and we stock a wide range of options for people with balance issues or living with disabilities. We aim to be inclusive and to offer as many choices as possible to get you on the road, the bike path or trail without having to spend a fortune.
We are a small, family owned business. Our passion is about riding and being outdoors, smoothing those hills to entice even reluctant riders back in the saddle and we do it without lycra and with good, old-fashioned service. Buy local, make a difference.
WHAT CAN EVERYBODY EBIKES DO FOR YOU?
We strive to keep our prices low without compromising on quality, function, appeal or serviceability. We stock ebikes designed and configured by our team and compliant with international standards (EN15194), imported directly to the store to keep costs down. We also stock locally distributed ebikes to extend our range and can order in specific models upon request. Our BF-branded bikes are exclusive to us and we are proud of the quality and reliability of our range.
Many want a bike which can handle our local conditions. Our ebike customers benefit from:
- strong and light-weight frames made from low corrosive material to suit our coastal conditions and make handling easier
- clear provenance of batteries supplied with genuine Samsung, Panasonic or LG cells and certified chargers for safety and peace of mind
- great performance without a huge price tag, achieving over 50km riding and sometimes closer to 100km on a single charge
- easy-mount designs in bikes and trikes to prevent riders the discomfort of swinging their legs
- fewer punctures resulting from kevlar-shielded tyres
- local servicing and a dedicated workshop stocked with spare parts, accessories and replacements to keep our customers on the road longer
- an experienced team focussed on helping those new to e-bikes as well as the dedicated traveller, commuter or recreational rider
- options for renting to try a range of bikes before making a big commitment (recreational, rent to buy, try before you buy)
We want you to enjoy riding, to take the challenge of riding more and for more reasons and to share that enjoyment back with the community which has provided the bike. See you soon!
ANDREA AND RICHARD HERKLOTS, PROUD OWNERS OF BLIND FREDDY ELECTRIC BIKES
WHAT IS AN EBIKE?
For those who are new to electric mobility, an ebike is a manual bicycle with an electric motor which can assist when you are pedalling. This is known as pedalec and is a legal requirement in Australia. The assistance level can be selected by the rider and adjusted for the slope. The more power you use, the easier the hills will feel.
In Australia, ebikes must be restricted to 250W power for legal use on roads. Our bikes are typically powered by a 200W or 250W motor to tackle most terrain and fueled by a 36V 10.4Ah battery, so most people can ride for over 50km between charges.
BLIND FREDDY ELECTRIC BIKES IS AN UNUSUAL NAME
The name was a carry-over from the previous owner’s venetian blind cleaning business! He started building electric bikes on the side and soon it became a passion which took over his other work activities, but the name remained.
Although the name predates selling bikes, it has grown on us and our customers and is now synonymous with open, honest and helpful advise and a good range of good quality bikes at a reasonable price.